ACRC Community Transport Program
ACRC, with the support of Transport NSW, provides low cost transport in the Blue Mountains. As the Blue Mountains is spread over 100 kilometres, with 27 villages and towns scattered along the Great Western Highway, distance and isolation can severely limit people’s access to services, especially when they lack personal transport.
ACRC’s Community Transport program aims to help the local Aboriginal population access essential services, reduce social isolation and improve the quality of life for our local Aboriginal population.
What we offer
- Point to point transport – We can provide transport from your home to destinations in the Blue Mountains or to Hospitals and specialists in Sydney and Penrith.
- Group transport – We provide group transport for activities that are run by ACRC such as outings or morning teas. Or group activities run by other services in the mountains, such as, art groups & poetry groups.
- Additional assistance – We provide additional assistance to our elderly or frail clients, such as, carrying clients shopping or luggage and assisting with any additional mobility requirements including wheelchair accessible transport.
- Low cost transport – we would be generally cheaper than a taxi
- All clients must be residents of the Blue Mountains LGA.
- For Elderly clients, clients must be aged 50+ and signed up under the ‘My aged care’ system.
- For disability clients, clients must be signed up to the NDIS with transport included in their package.
- For all other Aboriginal clients there must be a genuine need for transport, such as, financial disadvantage or other hardship.